Welcome to the dissociative cafe! Forums General Chat How did you choose your name? Reply To: How did you choose your name?

• kingslayer

December 21, 2022 at 9:45 pm
    Level 5: Froglet

Hi! Shadow & Alien here,

We both were sort of “born” with our names. We’re both introjects of music-related things. Shadow’s full name is Shadow Moses (a song that a previous host had an OC based on) and Alien’s is Hesitant Alien (an album that the same host also had an OC based on). The same goes for Tyler and Hannibal. The character they’re sourced from has that name so they kinda just took on that name.

Melody is named Melody because she’s a fictive of Babydoll from Suckerpunch but didn’t want to keep that as her name after going by that for a while and she really identified with the line from a My Chemical Romance song, “I’m not the singer that you wanted, but a dancer.” And she wanted a music-related name and it fit.

Rigby chose his name after going through lists of baby names. For him, it just felt like it fit.

And I think Lizzie is named that because it was similar to the body’s name at one point.

Others kinds just knew or had come to the conclusion of their name before I met them/realized they were there. I should ask them sometime about that.

But yeah, that’s some of the backstories behind our names.

Skip to content