Welcome to the dissociative cafe! Forums General Chat Icebreaker Thread (Hobbies + Fun Facts) Reply To: Icebreaker Thread (Hobbies + Fun Facts)

• saoirse.t-e-c

Administrator
    December 14, 2022 at 6:45 am
    Level 7: Prince/Princess

Welcome PrplPoppy! We’re going to turn 48 in February, so we’re not exactly spring chickens either. Sometimes when viewing social media it seems like everyone is so young, but I’m sure there are a lot of us older folk around…

Actually, 364 days is pretty good turn around. I saw somewhere recently while doing research that on average it takes 7 years for a system to get properly diagnosed. ☹

What keeps me grounded is working on projects that I’m really into. This site is an example. My job is another, most of the time. Others in our system have other ways of dealing with things, but for me its all about having something to work on. It keeps my brain busy and occupied. I’ve had a lot of therapists recommend meditation over the years, but I’ve had mixed results. It can cause our more spiritual/mystical part to come forward, which is cool, but not if I then switch out for several hours.

Skip to content