Welcome to the dissociative cafe! Forums General Chat If there was a pill to get rid of DID/OSDD, would you take it? Reply To: If there was a pill to get rid of DID/OSDD, would you take it?

• Anomalous

July 19, 2023 at 3:20 pm
    Level 5: Froglet

I currently take a medication that is known as an alpha blocker, and an antiadrenogenic that regulates my adrenaline and cortisol levels, and dampens my stress response. It is able to, at least for me, regulate alter-switching, and it has been effective for me so far. The only side effect I experience is slight hypersomnolence, however, the benefits outweigh feeling a little sleepy. I will still experience dissociative intrusions from time-to-time, but they are not as often or intense as they used to be. The medication in question is called Clonidine, also known as Catapres; formerly used as a blood pressure and ADHD medication. It is an extremely low dose, only at 0.1mg, but is very strong, and I do not recommend this medication for those with issues of low blood pressure. Other than that, I have had a good experience with it overall.

Skip to content